Monday 10 February 2014

Cosy pyjama trousers

While a nice new pair of pyjamas is usually a good Christmas present, this year just gone I decided it would be more fun to be able to make them for myself so I added the book And Sew to Bed by Caro London to my wish list, and being as this wish list was not so subtly emailed to my family, I was a lucky girl and the book was there waiting for me on Christmas morning!


And here's my first completed project from the book - a cosy new pair of pyjama trousers. They're the trousers from the classic pyjama set in the book, and they've already been getting a lot of use!


They were fairly simple to sew, and as I pretty much stick to wearing skirts and dresses in everyday life, this is probably about as technical as I'm ever going to get when it comes to sewing trousers for myself. 

The insides are all finished with French seams, and the waistband is part elasticated and fastens with fabric ties, so they're nice and comfy.


I was amazed that the buttonhole feature on my sewing machine decided to cooperate when it came to making the holes for the waist ties. The last couple of times I tried to use it (for cushion covers in my life before dressmaking) my machine refused to do anything at all, but this time they both worked completely fine first time - yay!

The material is a cosy and colourful brushed cotton that I got from Calico Laine but they don't seem to have any of it on their website anymore. 


That's about all I have to say about this project at the moment, but I'll probably write a more detailed review of the book once I've had a chance to make one or two more of the projects - there are lots of lovely options so I'm spoilt for choice!

4 comments:

  1. They look so comfy. Not heard of that book, looking forward to seeing other projects and the review. I got sewing stuff for Christmas too I'm loving having a hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely comfy! Yes, always good to have a hobby when it comes round to writing Christmas lists!

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a lovely pair of trousers! They are so cute and seeing your close up of the fabric: I want some brushed cotton as well! I haven't heard about the book yet, so I can't wait to read about your review and see more lovely projects! Yeah for more snugly night wear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are some good projects in the book - I'm trying to choose what to make next at the moment!

      Delete

Please leave a comment - it's always great to hear from you!