Wednesday 13 March 2013

Nice to meet you!


Welcome to my world! I’m Ruth, I’m 30 and I live in Bristol. Professionally speaking, I’m a freelance translator spending my days deciphering all manner of subjects in German and Russian and making sense of them in English, whilst trying to ensure that all the hours on my own in front of a computer don’t turn me into a hermit.

I like my job (most of the time at least) but what I really love, and the reason behind the blog, is being creative – sewing, knitting, embroidery, baking, cooking, making cards, lino printing, a bit of patchwork and quilting, and I think crochet is next on the list of things to learn.

I’ve always quite enjoyed making things, but I’ve really got into it in the past couple of years after my Mum persuaded me into buying a sewing machine and since then I’ve always got at least one project on the go. There’s only so many handmade items you can fit into one flat though, and if I ate all the things I baked on my own I’d be the size of a house, so my friends and family are the main beneficiaries of my creativity. They tell me I’m quite good at what I do, but I suspect they’re biased so I decided to share my creations, musings and inspirations with the rest of the world.

With that in mind, I’ll leave you with a couple of photos of recent projects – cushions for two new babies. The main base material is fleece so they’re lovely and soft, and it’s always nice to have something personalised I think. They went down well with the parents (I don’t think the babies are old enough to appreciate them yet!), hope you like them too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it's always great to hear from you!